Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sorry for the delay...


My sincerest apologies, ya'll. Internet is currently down in the crib and a brotha really had to search hard in order to obtain the laptop on which I'm currently writing this post. Anyway, past couple of days have been fly. Went to this ill open mic spot called The Urban Juke Joint. The energy was simply incredible. The event ended up going from 9 PM to 1 AM and everyone that touched the microphone really did their thing. We had a group discussion in the middle, there were donuts and fresh fruit for everyone, and my good friend that runs the spot ensured that the venue let in as many folks as it could possibly hold. One of the few truly democratized spoken word spaces I've been in, UJJ held it down from start to finish. After that, went and got it poppin with friends. Ill night! Since the internet is down at home, I'll be sure to follow up with several posts in one day next time I get to a computer with World Wide Web access.

No comments:

Post a Comment