Monday, February 2, 2009

Because I've been slackin sooo hard...multiple postings!!!




Ok, so life has been wild as of late. Just got back from performing at the NAACP Inaugural Concert as well as the Sundance film Festival in Salt Lake city, Utah. It was incredible. Benjamin and Peter Bratt are two of the most down-to-Earth, kindhearted people I've ever come across, and their movie "La Mission" was mind-blowing in its scale, content, and individual performances. They even brought back Erika Alexander from Living Single for that joint. Bananas! I also got to cipher with Wyclef. Yes, we're talking 911, The Score, Two Wrongs Don't Make it Right Wyclef. We went back and forth rhyming for like 45 minutes. One of the dopest experiences of my young life. He even offered me a spot on the album. God willing it all works out. I really hope this poetry thing takes off. I've just got to stay focused; somehow balance schoolwork, craft and heart and I know I'll be fine. I can feel the potential brewing inside me, now I just have to manifest it.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. Real talk. Not as the girl who once sorta knew you and thinks what you're doing is cool. More as the black woman, growing, learning, living and realizing that what you're doing is big. It's powerful. It's beyond you but it's all about you. I hope to get to see you do ya thang next year (I'll be starting a PhD program at Penn in August) wo0p!

    haha, Stay up, brutha.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete