Monday, November 2, 2009

A first for me



For those of you who regularly read Bruce and Carrie's Son (brilliant scholars, artists and lovers that you are) you know that I never post videos of tracks. Avid hip-hop fan though I may be, you will rarely if ever find me putting a song up on here that doesn't have a live-action video choc-full of dancing, poor acting, etc.

Simply put, I had to make an exception for Jay Electronica's "Exhibit C". This verse is up there in my top 10, all-time. Yeah, I said it. For me, that puts it right alongside Lupe's "Theme Music To A Drive-By," Andre's 16 on "Humble Mumble" (listen again if you don't think that verse is absolutely bananas-straight-off-the-tree-fresh) and Jay-Z's classic, yet sadly under-researched, "Breathe Easy."

Just wait for the part where my man says, call me Jay ElecHanukkah. Absolutely ridiculous.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this ludicrously lyrical Louisiana MC, I've included an interview for introduction purposes. Two videos in one day?! Where else but over here at B&C. Keep it locked. I'm on a creative kick right now and the blog is about to pop. Word is bond.

Shout out to my boy Hayling for sending me a transcript of the "Exhibit C" lyrics last night. Always good to know that us hip-hop nerds have a network we can tap for such necessary resources. Anybody else with the inside scoop on such unadulterated dopeness, feel free to drop a line. Deuces!

2 comments:

  1. Jay is absolutely superb! Makes me want to grab a mic and one of these: http://www.stonesthrow.com/uploads/news/4ca72a55d3d2d79e74877f500d31d814.jpg

    And jump on a stage. What's your twitter name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you posted a list of your top 10 tracks of all time?

    What are they?

    ReplyDelete