Sunday, January 31, 2010

My inspiration



It's shameful that this is my first post since the earthquake. Neither personal problems nor academic issues are a proper excuse. My sincerest apologies to all you readers out there for making you wait 10 days for a post. I'm gonna post at least once a day for the next week to make up for it. Don't believe me? Tune in. The kid has got a new lease on life, a new direction.

This video features masterful performer (and my unparalleled best friend) Carvens Lissaint doing his part to contribute to earthquake relief. I've got a piece on the way, and saying that it was inspired by Carv would be a severe understatement. I've stayed away from political poetry for a while, but I can't stay silent on this one. Time to pray, and then put pen to paper. Thanks for the continued love, ya'll. Let's keep progressing.

1 comment:

  1. I think if all of us as poets and artists came together, we could raise so much awareness for this event. I recently did a piece on it and have joined the movement to help at UNC-Chapel Hill. Hope there's one at Penn.

    As for personal problems: stay strong, brother.

    "He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind. . ."

    Your time is coming. Hang in there.

    - D.J.

    PS: Since we've never actually spoken before I guess I should say nice to meet you? lol

    ReplyDelete