Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back with a vengeance



I know the 2-week-long delays are getting old. I know. Math midterms require a little extra time for yours truly though, and graduation is a necessity, my dude.

That being said, Dylan Garity is my favorite poet of the moment. Discovered his stuff after putting my ear to the CUPSI grapevine (couldn't go this year, school is really cramping my whole other life something vicious right now) and was impressed by all the work I've seen so far. Really interesting style, knows how to make everyday images sound beautiful in a way I've only heard from a few cats in the game. Hats off to my generation for carving out some new space in spoken word. Next few years are looking up!

1 comment:

  1. The image at the end of this performance is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete