Tuesday, July 27, 2010

From glorfying guns to glorfying God



When I was in high school school, Cassidy's on-wax persona was one unequivocally dedicated to misogyny, violence, and self-aggrandization. For me, this video represents a refreshing departure from that narrative, an archived moment where this brother takes the time to utilize his lyrical skill to uplift the Kingdom.

I'm not exactly sure what this means for the rest of Cassidy's career (truth be told, none of us do), but if nothing less it blesses my heart to see these sorts of videos and be reminded that there are artists with a genuine love for Christ willing to express it in such large forums. More power to you, Cass. Hope to see more stuff like this in the future.

2 comments:

  1. So attractive ! Amen!
    I just hope that his upcoming album isnt about the things he 'USED' to write about. Ive seen this one rap performed so many times by him. I want an album of substance next. I like this side of him.

    ReplyDelete