Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back to School Daze



Sorry for the brief hiatus, folks. Just got back to school and things have been rather hectic. As of the first week I was only enrolled in two classes, even more broke than before, and just about as lonely as I ever thought possible :( Not really sure why, seems like this sense of solitude comes over me every once in a while for no particular reason. After all, everything is going well! Poetry stuff is great, I'm performing at an concert with Common on Sunday and flying out to the Sundance Film Festival 3 days later. I should be ecstatic; but I'm not though. Incredibly grateful, but exhausted inside. Feels like I've been running this tremendous race alone this whole time and just noticed. Maybe its just the looming responsibility of the real world. Or, it could be that I don't have a single concrete plan for the summer even though my GPA's the highest its ever been. I can't work in an office, that existence almost killed me last summer. I'm worried that I can't really do anything but teach and perform.Beautiful existence, but not the lavish, expensive one I'd always imagined my unique mind, academic privilege, and creative abilities would propel me toward. Money and my dreams just can't seem to really get along it's looking like. Maybe I've got it all wrong; only time will tell. In the mean time, to counteract the rather depressing tirade i just went on I've embedded video of my main man, Mickey Factz kicking a ridiculous freestyle on POW radio. Truly ill lyricist. BX stand up!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, You should never feel lonely. I am always here for you. I was there for you when you feeling claustophobic about corporate america in the summer. Whatever you were meant to do will fufill you financially and emotionally in time. Don't look for instant gratification.

    Secondly, Mickey is a beast. Janine and I are going to see him and theophilus l at SOB's on wednesday. Wish you were there, love ya always

    ReplyDelete