Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Conor Oberst is the man



Just started listening to Bright Eyes today. Easily one of my top 5 favorite bands ever. Conor Oberst is a rock poet of the highest caliber, and tracks like "Landlocked Blues" and the above "First Day of My Life" are only a couple examples of this man's genius. It's political, melodious, angst-ridden, eccentric and radically fun all at once; a phonic onslaught of imagery and raw sound that paints vivid pictures while simultaneously ripping them apart with guttural screams and razor sharp chord progressions. It was like the first time I ate a granny smith apple in fall. It's that crisp, that refreshingly dope.I'm mad no one put me on; this music has clearly been around for years and I haven't been up on it lol. This band has put out amazing music and conceptually brilliant videos, more power to em. Long live Bright Eyes!

1 comment:

  1. Lover I don't have to love is my favorite Bright Eyes song

    ReplyDelete