Monday, December 7, 2009

Derrick Brown gets it popped



If I could only explain in words how much I love this poem. This is for everyone who, like me, was a lover and a nerd at the same time who just couldn't seem to avoid the wrath of bullies. Sometimes losing is not only o.k., it's for the best. Shout out to the Elephant Engine Highdive Revival Tour, these cats are doing some great work out here.

On another note, I was recently inspired by my good friend Hasan Malik over at My Soul Itches to get much more thorough and personal with my posts. I've been cheating you all lately due to the intense academic rigor of my Senior Fall at Penn, but rest assured this space will be one of heightened self-reflexivity, honesty, and my innermost thoughts real soon. Love live life.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing... and a deeper glimpse into your head and heart would be much appreciated Sir...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sky, that was amazing. I loved him.

    Can't wait to enter into the mind of Joshua Bennett.

    ReplyDelete