Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Looks like I may be blogging from London in the near future....



Frankly, I'm pretty hyped right now. The reason? Apparently, yours truly will be spending all of next year in the United Kingdom on one of 35 Marshall Scholarships awarded this year. Ya'll can check the write-up here.

I'm apparently the first African American in Penn's history to win the award. To say that this is a tremendous honor and incredible blessing are understatements to the umpteenth degree. God is truly doing a might work in my life, and the Marshall is merely the latest manifestation of my Father showing out. I'll be earning a Masters of Arts in Theatre and Performance Studies, so it looks like my dream of teaching both African American Literature and theatrical performance in a University setting may not be as far off as some folks seemed to think. It's all coming together, ya'll. Thanks for riding with me.

As far as the video, I love this song. No other reason, really. Pixies go in.

5 comments:

  1. congratulations! what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What doors God opens, no man can shut! I hope God continues to open many doors for you. If you ever get to go to the countryside, it is absolutely breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY...!! Congratulations Mr. Bennett. Even though we don't know each other I am very proud and I can tell a blessed person when I see one. The very first Black person to win the award in the school's history?? WOW... that is just uber-amazing. I'm currently in film school at Full Sail University. There's not a lot of black females in the film industry (and i'm the only black female in my class) that are making moves so I have to make things happen. I have dreams and I know with Him by my side I can do it (really want to go to Japan after school but I think it's going to be New York first then Japan; Climbing Mount Fuji is a MUST).
    I kind of went off track with this, sincere apologies. But I digress, I'm so happy for you!! Hope you have an amazing time!! Can't wait to see what outrageously beautiful things you'll say, write, do, etc in the next year and beyond.

    I think that's all I have to say, this was a type long comment, lol, sorry. But you are sooo AWESOME!!!!!! Peace &&& Much Love!! Smooches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pixies is dope!!! didn't know you liked them.

    congrats, again! on getting that scholarship! first african-american at penn? wow you are so amazing. seriously, I sometimes have no words for you. love love love! :)

    -Pri

    ReplyDelete