Thursday, December 24, 2009

Just in time for the holidays...



Getting in some last minute holiday shopping today (shameful I know), but before I descend upon the mean streets of NYC in hopes of copping some fresh, heavily discounted gifts for the fam, I figured I would send you all this early Christmas gifts. As I hope you all know by now, I may quite literally be one of the world's biggest Lupe Fiasco enthusiasts in the Tri-State area. Word to Big Bird. Straight up, the man is simply the most clever, complex writer the game has ever seen. If you don't believe me, peep this snippet from "Angels" off his Enemy of The State mixtape:

"Uh, said she was a fan of mine
Knew she was New Jersey, but said that she was Anaheim
Butterflies turn to suicides, now it's phantoms flying
Used to whisper in my ear, but now she tryna 'vander mine
That holy feeling (Holyfield) all gone, slowly feeling all wrong
None of this is satisfyin', pull it over, let me out
I'll just hitchhike back to mine
Nothing's really as it seems, yeah I shoulda known that
Thought I called a angel, devils had my phones tapped"

Stop. That's all ya'll get for today. Peep the above vid for more from the illest of the ill.

Blitzen? Really? Ya'll thought my man was going to embody Rudolph, but nah. He went all obscure, making sure you know your reindeer history. Classic Lupe.

Enjoy the holidays, ya'll. Keep God first.

1 comment:

  1. josh. you need to check the site iamsecond.com
    A friend of mine just put me on that & its powerful ministry. with Christ first we are always second. pep the site & let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete