Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Illest battle rapper ever...perhaps.

Iron Solomon VS Jin from Executive Nick on Vimeo.



Iron Solomon has always been one of my favorite battle MC's.From the first time I saw him in his bout against Math (one of the most hotly debated battles I have seen in a while) I have been impressed with his wit, ability to incorporate his written verses seamless into his impromptu bars, and general ability to entertain. In a medium overrun with braggadocio and graphic violence, Solomon brings an artful approach to the craft. He's an MC's MC, and I can't wait to hear a musical project from this guy. I know the jump from battling to the booth can often be a rocky one (e.g.Jin), but Solomon is cat I believe could really pull it off. Only time will tell. I'm also waiting to see him face some real competition (where is Serius Jones when you need him?). It's cool to see mediocre rappers get demolished once in a while, but I have grown weary of the one-sided battles he's participated in that are currently posted on YouTube. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best. I haven't seen him do so.

In the mean time, enjoy this clip of Solomon destroying the aforementioned former Ruff Ryder in this Fight Club footage from a little while ago. Brace yourselves, this one is brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment