Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tender Forever - My Love (Justin Timberlake Cover) // A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.



Tender Forever is arguably my most random musical discovery this summer. While on my new favorite website, blogotheque.net, I decided to veer away from my usual faves like Sigur Ros and Patrick Watson and opted instead for the young woman you see playing the ukulele in this video. I don't even enjoy her voice that much, it's more the aesthetic created by the longing behind her words, this palpable desire to inhabit the vicinity of the distant lover she's crooning for in this cover of the well-known Timberlake track. I've got her EP, The Soft and The Hardcore, and was more or less unimpressed but definitely dig one or two songs on there. Most of the tracks are less than 3 minutes, so if you've got some time to kill check it out. I've been in a "anxiously anticipating falling in love" type of mood for the past couple of weeks, so this vid came just in time. Shout out to my homegirl J for echoing my sentiments earlier today. If I meet the wife tomorrow, I'm content. Keep holding your breath, love; I'll see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Brad Doggett does a good version of this song as well. He covers a lot of lil wayne songs accoustically and I like his style. Check him out youtube.com/watch?v=tKAsrjkzmnw&feature=channel_page

    ReplyDelete