Friday, October 2, 2009

Whatchall know about this?



I kid you not, I used to have a Take 6 videocassette that I would play on a semi-weekly basis as a young'n. Wasn't really allowed to listen to anything but gospel during my childhood, so these folks were my Boyz II Men, Dru Hill, and 112 before I'd even heard of any of those other cats. When I came across this video (quite accidentally I might add) the other day, a slew of memories rushed back like a moon-drunk tide. Feels good to remember. With all the craziness that's been going on around me, the opportunity to reflect on my childhood is one that I don't take lightly. It's my senior year, and the reality that I won't be returning to Penn next fall is one that is slowly but surely sinking in. Guess I'll just have to brace myself, become a kite without a string to guide it. No more strings attached. Time to fly.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I love take 6 but I learned of them after the groups you mentioned, but Commissioned' "Running Back to You" will always be a classic in my book lol. Also, Congratulations on your seniority and future graduation. I hope you don't stop pursuing education; I look foward to Ph.D. infront of your name.

    ReplyDelete