Friday, September 25, 2009

Touched my spirit



First, somebody needs to go give these little boys' mama some props for getting them in church early. Always warms my heart to see young people with a heart after the Lord. Second, I'm slightly jealous because I had no type of obvious talent outside of reading really fast until I discovered performance poetry at age 17. These kids (whose names are Darius and Demetrice if my Facebook is to be trusted) are 8 years old and going in on the singing game all types of crazy. Third, it was already an optimistic sorta day. This video just helped make it even brighter.

I feel like Darius and Demetrice are great examples of what can happen when you expose kids to the arts at a young age and take the time to help them grow. Now, I can only hope their literacy/mathematics game is on point. Somebody needs to check that out for me if you know them and send me an e-mail. Seen too many little Black kids with incredible talent and no one willing to take the time to make sure the intellectual piece is taken care of as well.

But, that's enough pontificating about adolescent education. Fellowship application time is winding down, and I am quite literally a few drafts away from being able to relax for a bit (apart from extracurricular activities, performing and actual schoolwork lol) so I'm greatly looking forward to the next few months. It's the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment