Wednesday, February 3, 2010

On the run



On my way out of the door to go crush this gig at SUNY Plattsburgh. For some reason, this song is on replay non-stop in my head as I think about her, about what the best route is to take in this situation. Keep me in prayer, ya'll. It's a beautiful, hectic time right now and I'm trying to follow the Lord's will at all costs. It's so easy to mistake the heart for the Spirit though, ya know? To tell the difference between desire and love.

I looked out onto Lake Champlain this evening and saw a group of folks ice-fishing. My driver told me that sometimes people actually drive trucks out onto the frozen expanse of water in an effort to reach their destination quicker. I though to myself for a while about what kind of faith it takes to do something like that, about how often I'm content to bind myself with logic or fear. I've been on a lot of planes these past few days. It's time to go home. I'm ready now.

No comments:

Post a Comment