Monday, February 8, 2010

WHO DAT?!?!



Hands down, best Super Bowl I've ever seen. Well-deserved shout out to both the city of New Orleans, as well as the notion of playing for something bigger than yourself on the world's biggest stages. In a game where the "smart" money was on the masterful hands of Peyton Manning and the seemingly unbeatable Colts, the Saints roared from behind and shocked the world. Well done.

Also, outside of the game itself, the most powerful moment for me came when I watched Drew Brees begin to cry as he held his son after the game. It was the type of vulnerability I have rarely seen on television, and certainly one of those few moments in professional sports (at least the contests I have been most frequently privy to) where love seemed to take center stage, where the most important thing in the world to Brees at that moment was his family, not the trophy. I hope to have that same sort of feeling one day, to hold my child in a triumphant moment and feel that undeniable surge of wholeness.

One day. For right now, back to the grind. Be blessed ya'll, enjoy the week. I know times may seem rough right now, but God's got us all. Whatever you're going through, just leave it in the Lord's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment