Thursday, February 11, 2010

The small things.



In the midst of a brutal two-day snowstorm, I have found tremendous comfort in the Word. While hanging out with two of my best friends and brothers in Christ, (we'll call them James and Eric, for no particular reason since I'm sure they wouldn't mind me dropping their names, but back to what I was saying) I came across this video of the young bull Frankie Lymon in his prime. To say that this boosted mine is a serious understatement. The kid's poise, dancing skill, and sheer lyrical genius to be able to pen such a timeless track at an age where most of us were still scavenger hunting for hearts to call our own, to figure out what this "love" thing was that everyone kept talking about. Lymon created a simple record with a powerful message, one containing a question that we must continue to ask ourselves today. A question I must continue to ask myself:

Why do you fools fall in love (that doesn't last) ?

Question of the millenia.

1 comment:

  1. Given the number of lasting relationships this world seems to have on display nowadays, the better question seems to be:

    when did we become so foolish?

    ReplyDelete