Monday, February 22, 2010

They used to sell records in the Salvation Army for a quarter.



I'm rarely if ever one to swagger-jack, as it were, but after peeping this particular video on "The Smoking Section" I really had no choice to but to re-post. Golly gee, I love history. See what happens when you dig in the crates? You find that the some of the most indispensable moments in your specific, ontological narrative (e.g. "Hard Knock Life" for myself and the rest of the hip-hop generation) come from the most unexpected sources. Sit back and enjoy.

I love how awkward Jay-Z is toward the end of the video, too. Most human I've ever seen him. Very refreshing.

1 comment:

  1. Man, where did you find such a moving interview...a brief detail of how hip hop touched me so appropriate for this time in my life..thanks for the humbling reminder of human nature...let me know where you peeped this or heard about it...and you're right...about four minutes in...Jay was human enough to laugh at his cornyness. lol...peace king.

    ReplyDelete